Below are some general tips to keep in mind.
1) Be factual, but brief. Depending on years of experience, try to limit your resume to one or two pages. Hiring managers don't have time to read excessive details about your employment history.
2) Make sure to include a general overview of what your responsibilities are on a day to day basis.
3) If you are a CPA, state that right after your name at the top of the resume.
4) Mention all educational information that is relevant to the job you are applying for. Don't put high school or non-job-related courses.
5) Aim your resume to one particular position. If you are considering different opportunities create a resume for each one.
6) Include all applicable skills you might have such as: foreign languages, certifications, business organization memberships, etc.
7) Always have your resume proof read by someone else to review spelling and grammar.
8) Emphasize or highlight contributions to current or previous employers that may have saved them time or money.
9) Use bullets to emphasize the most important aspects of your career.
10) Be sure to list locations (city and state) for all your past employers.
1) Don't put salary information.
2) Don't put reference numbers or names, rather state, "references are available by request."
3) Don't put date of birth, marital status or number of children.
If you need help creating your resume, or would like someone to review it, please contact Kunin Associates and one of our Recruiters would be happy to help you.
Check out Kunin Associates on other parts of the Web!!!